Join us as a member of The Linen Hall
By becoming a member of The Linen Hall, you are continuing a tradition dating back to 1788. Then, a group of artisans formed The Belfast Reading Society, determined to enhance their understanding of the world. Today, The Linen Hall continues to provide intellectual and cultural stimulation to over 1,800 members.
Our members’ interests are in novels, poetry, people, politics, and theatre. Some enjoy our arts and cultural programming, while others take advantage of a peaceful place to relax with a cup of tea or coffee.
Benefits of becoming a member
Join us today and start enjoying the extensive range of benefits offered by Belfast’s oldest library. Your membership helps protect and preserve our unique collections for future generations. While supporting our work, you will enjoy all the exclusive benefits of being a member.
- Receive an exclusive introductory membership pack
- Receive 10% discount on all items in The Linen Hall gift shop
- Enjoy 10% discount on food and drinks in The Linen Hall Café
- Access an exclusive members only area on Level 2 of The Linen Hall
- Access all titles on display and in restricted areas
- Borrow up to 8 books at a time for up to 4 weeks
- Reserve books by telephone, email, or online
- Access a wide range of daily newspapers
- Suggest new books and publications not currently in our collections
- Receive mailings of our What’s On Guide and Annual Report
- Receive our monthly e-zine with news and upcoming events
- Enjoy a complimentary induction tour of The Linen Hall
Individual and family membership
Joining The Linen Hall as a member makes all exclusive benefits available to both individuals and families.
The Linen Hall also offers corporate membership, making all benefits available to organisations and staff.
Renew your membership
If you already enjoy the benefits of being a member of The Linen Hall, you can renew your membership online.
17 Donegall Square North
Belfast BT1 5GB
(full disabled access via Fountain St)
Location: Google Maps
Telephone: +44 (0)28 9032 1707
Fax: +44 (0)28 9043 8586
Linen Hall Library
Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Linen Hall Café
Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
The Library is normally closed on all public holidays.