The opportunity has arisen for a volunteer graduate internship at the Linen Hall Library.
This placement is specifically aimed at those who are planning to undertake the Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Library & Information Management at Ulster University. The successful applicant will be required to contribute to the work of the Linen Hall Library 14-16 hours per week (initially for 12 months with the possibility of an extension for a further year) and will gain valuable experience in library work such as:
• Using the Sierra Library Management System for issuing, renewing, discharging and reserving of stock, and for the addition of items to the Library’s OPAC
• Member and customer enquiries
• Assisting with general housekeeping duties including shelving and shelf tidying, ensuring collections are accessible to the public, organisation of materials on and off site
• Listing of archives and museum collections
• Experience in the use and management of special collections and rare books
• Conducting tours of the collections and assisting with associated workshops
• Sale, display and promotion of goods and services
• Assisting with new and ongoing projects within the Library
• Assisting in the promotion of the Library through social media
To apply for the volunteer internship please send a CV and a 500 word statement of interest to the Deputy Librarian, Monica Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org, who may be contacted for further details. Closing date 31st July 2018.
For further information on the Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Library & Information Management please contact Dr Jessica Bates, School of Education, Ulster University at email@example.com or click here.